Home security is more than motion detectors and alarms to protect your property against burglary. It is also a way to protect you and your family from the hazards of fire and carbon monoxide. You can even help avoid major water damage by using home security systems in Calgary.
First, here are a few tips to consider about home security systems.
What to Look for When Shopping for Alarm Systems in Calgary
There is an abundance of alarm systems to choose from. To uncomplicate things, here is what to look for when purchasing your home security system:
- Smart Home Integration – Smart capabilities that easily integrate with your other smart home devices is a must. Controlling everyday items like lighting and music can make it appear someone is home even when you are away for extended periods. Time-controlled elements integrated into your security system helps to deter thieves from wanting to break in.
- Wireless – Wireless systems are ideal if you have pets or children running around since there are no cords to trip over. Wired security systems are also more difficult to install, especially in a home where there is limited access to run connections. Wireless systems use WIFI, allowing you to place sensors in a variety of locations.
- Reliability – When you can rely on something it puts your mind at ease. Security systems in Calgary can help you relax knowing that your belongings are safe from intruders. Look for highly rated alarm systems by reading reviews on Google and other trustworthy websites. When other people provide positive feedback, it is a good indicator of a quality system.
- Response Time – When your alarm goes off you want quick response time. Look for a security system with fast emergency dispatch time. A great alarm system needs top-notch monitoring services to ensure notifications are sent to the proper authorities.
How You Stay Protected
- Theft – Home invasions are scary, and no one wants to get their possessions stolen. Avoid burglars from entering your home when you have a professionally installed home security system that alerts you to things like window and door breakage. Alarms scare off intruders and a camera can capture the would-be criminals in the act. Surveillance cameras deter thieves from choosing your home as video coverage adds to their chances of being caught.
- Fire – Flames start small and can go unnoticed until a large fire breaks out. Avoid being stuck in your house enveloped by smoke and heat by making sure your home security systems in Calgary notify the fire department. Smoke inhalation is one of the leading causes of death in a house fire.
- Water Damage – Get an alarm system that ties into your water detector to alert you when there is a leak. This will help prevent damage to your furniture and other possessions due to sewer back-up or flooding. Over 30% of insurance claims are related to household water damage every year.
- Carbon Monoxide – Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odourless gas that can leak without you noticing. This is why it is important to have an alarm system equipped with a carbon monoxide detector to warn you of seepage. Make sure you evacuate the house when any level of carbon monoxide is detected as it can cause you to lose consciousness within minutes or lead to death.
Did You Know?
When you have an alarm system in place not only does it help protect you against all the aforementioned issues, but it can lower your homeowner’s insurance premium. Insurance companies want to know you are doing everything to protect your home and a home security system is a great way to prove this. Many insurance companies offer discounts when you have a monitored system in place.
Monitoring your alarm system is more than checking an app on your phone. Professional 24/7 monitoring gives you the peace of mind you want. When an incident occurs a call center is the first to receive a notification and will contact authorities on your behalf. As a bonus, your home’s value increases due to the desire for potential purchasers wanting added security. Technological features like wireless alarms, sensors and motion-triggered cameras are in high demand.
Maximum Security? Yes, Please!
There is nothing better than knowing your and your family are safe inside your residence. Home security systems in Calgary are the key to preventing break-ins and giving you that extra feeling of safety. Contact us at The Showcase Group AV to help choose the right alarm system for all your home security needs.